Floating solar, also known as floating Photovoltaic (PV) or floating solar farms, is a type of solar power generation system that is installed on bodies of water, such as lakes, reservoirs, and ponds. It involves placing solar panels on floating structures that are designed to withstand water conditions and support the weight of the panels.
Floating solar offers several advantages over traditional ground-mounted solar installations. By utilizing water surfaces, floating solar can significantly increase the total solar capacity of a given area.
Ecosol is always ahead in introducing innovative and smart Floating Solar System for a sustainable future. Floating solar can easily be installed on the static water body that help to eliminate the use of land for its installation. India has abundant water bodies that makes it even more viable for its installation across the country.
Floating solar offers several advantages over traditional ground-mounted solar installations. Firstly, it maximizes the use of available space, especially in areas where land is limited or expensive. By utilizing water surfaces, floating solar can significantly increase the total solar capacity of a given area.
• Partial coverage of water bodies reduces water evaporation by up to 70% -80% saving substantial water. PV panels can also be mounted on underused regions of water, unutilised areas culminates into profitable renewable energy sources.
• 8-12 % more energy production can be achieved when compared to ground mounted or roof mounted solar plant as floating solar plant helps to keep the solar panels at a lower temperature resulting in better energy production efficiency.
• Remove and control algae.
• Provides fine space of eco system.
• Floating Solar plants are compact compared to land-based solar plants,– so more panels can accommodate in same area – resulting in better electricity generation ratio.